Virginia Cycling Event – Mathews County
SAVE THE DATE!
THE 16TH ANNUAL TOUR de CHESAPEAKE WELCOMES YOU TO MATHEWS COUNTY, VIRGINIA!!! JOIN US THIS YEAR ON MAY 16-18, 2014!!!
The County of Mathews, the Mathews Land Conservancy, and the Mathews Visitor Center are your hosts for this event. Celebrate the arrival of spring with a weekend of scenic cycling – great FLAT routes with views of the water everywhere you turn, delicious local eats, toe-tapping music, and nice, down-home folks to help you with whatever you need!
Registration for the 2014 ride will
begin March 14th
Tour de Chesapeake is a family-friendly cycling event located in Mathews County, on Virginia’s Middle Peninsula. The supported ride is all day on Saturday, but we hope you will make a weekend of it and see all Mathews has to offer. We have lined up a whole assortment of things for you to do on Friday, Saturday and Sunday too!
- Fully Supported Saturday Ride (Rest Stops and SAG)
- Great Scenery and Historical Sites
- Free Onsite Camping Available
- Home Hosting Option – see lodging for details
- Multiple Route Choices
- Families Welcome
- Hot Breakfast Available Saturday and Sunday
- Box Lunch Advance Purchase Option at Williams Wharf Landing
- Dessert Reception by The Cake Man at THMS, Ride Headquarters
- Saturday Night Seafood Feast and Party at the Wharf
- 3nd Annual “Art deTour” on Saturday and Sunday
- Sunday Rides led by the Mathews Freewheelers
2014 Tour de Chesapeake is proudly sponsored by: Riverside Walter Reed Hospital
With Special Thanks to: Chesapeake Bank, Burton’s Waterfront and the Mathews Industrial Development Authority
*If you wish to be a TDC sponsor, please go to our sponsor page for more information.
Proud Member of the Virginia Bike Event Association – Click here for information about other fantastic cycling events in our beautiful state of Virginia!