Virginia Cycling Event – Mathews County
SAVE THE DATE!
Details for the 17th Annual 2015 Tour de Chesapeake are coming soon!
The County of Mathews, the Mathews Land Conservancy, and the Mathews Visitor Center are your hosts for this event. Celebrate the arrival of spring with a weekend of scenic cycling – great FLAT routes with views of the water everywhere you turn, delicious local eats, toe-tapping music, and nice, down-home folks to help you with whatever you need!
Tour de Chesapeake is a family-friendly cycling event located in Mathews County, on Virginia’s Middle Peninsula. The supported ride is all day on Saturday, but we hope you will make a weekend of it and see all Mathews has to offer. We have lined up a whole assortment of things for you to do on Friday, Saturday and Sunday too!
- Fully Supported Saturday Ride (Rest Stops and SAG)
- Great Scenery and Historical Sites
- Free Onsite Camping Available
- Home Hosting Option – see lodging for details
- Multiple Route Choices
- Families Welcome
- Hot Breakfast Available Saturday and Sunday
- Box Lunch Advance Purchase Option at Williams Wharf Landing
- Dessert Reception by The Cake Man at THMS, Ride Headquarters
- Saturday Night Seafood Feast and Party at the Wharf
- 3nd Annual “Art deTour” on Saturday and Sunday
- Sunday Rides led by the Mathews Freewheelers
2014 Tour de Chesapeake is proudly sponsored by: Riverside Walter Reed Hospital
With Special Thanks to: Chesapeake Bank, Burton’s Waterfront and the Mathews Industrial Development Authority
*If you wish to be a TDC sponsor, please go to our sponsor page for more information.
Proud Member of the Virginia Bike Event Association – Click here for information about other fantastic cycling events in our beautiful state of Virginia!