Virginia Cycling Event – Mathews County
THE 18TH ANNUAL TOUR de CHESAPEAKE WELCOMES YOU TO MATHEWS COUNTY, VIRGINIA!!!
JOIN US THIS YEAR ON MAY 21, 2016!!!
“CASUAL” – “FLAT” – “LAID BACK” – “FUN” – “EASY”
The County of Mathews, the Mathews Land Conservancy, and the Mathews Visitor Center are your hosts for this event. Celebrate the arrival of spring with a weekend of scenic cycling – great FLAT routes with views of the water everywhere you turn, delicious local eats, toe-tapping music, and nice, down-home folks to help you with whatever you need!
Tour de Chesapeake is a family-friendly cycling event located in Mathews County, on Virginia’s Middle Peninsula. The supported ride is all day on Saturday, but we hope you will make a weekend of it and see all Mathews has to offer. We have lined up a whole assortment of things for you to do on Friday, Saturday and Sunday too!
- Fully Supported Saturday Ride (Rest Stops and SAG)
- Great Scenery and Historical Sites
- Free Onsite Camping Available
- Home Hosting Option – see lodging for details
- Multiple Route Choices
- Families Welcome
- Breakfast Available Saturday
- Box Lunch Advance Purchase Option at Williams Wharf Landing
- Saturday Night Seafood Feast and Party at the Wharf
- Dessert Reception at THMS, Ride Headquarters
- NEW & IMPROVED 5th Annual “Art deTour” on Saturday
2016 Tour de Chesapeake is proudly sponsored by: Riverside Walter Reed Hospital
With Special Thanks to:
Chesapeake Bank, Burton’s Waterfront and the Mathews Economic Development Authority
*If you wish to be a TDC sponsor, please go to our sponsor page for more information.